Weekly Adventures

Category: By EK
My coworkers and I have been on a hunt for new adventures....for our taste buds. A trip to the local sushi buffet turned into a weekly outing to expand our palettes.

So last week, we went to a Mediterranean restaurant and that was quite interesting. I had the Moussaka, which was a little disappointed as it was practically like a lasagna. Nonetheless, the appetizers and desserts were absolutely delectable. We had the Saganaki as the appetizer. It is essentially fried or broiled cheese, but the presentation was just grand.

The waitress came with this iron cast plate, threw a shot of some alcohol (don't know what it was), and torched the whole thing. Opa! It was served with pita bread....mmmm delicious.

For this week's adventure, the plan was to tackle Ethiopian food. Unfortunately, the place we had in mind was closed =(
But
There is a happy ending to the story. Right across the street was a Caribbean Cafe. Well, Caribbean was on our list anyway, so we went. It was indeed a pleasant surprise. The lunch special was delicious and reasonably priced. I had the Curried Goat with wild rice and plantain. The meat just melted in my mouth with a kick of spice. I thought I'd be a little adventurous and try a ginger beer, which was a little disappointing. All in all, an excellent meal.

I think we're taking a trip to Morocco next week.

(It's actually surprising as to how many different restaurants and flavours there are, even in the little town of Waterloo)
 

0 comments so far.

Something to say?