Purpose

Category: By EK
This weekend has been interesting and refreshing. Despite the fact that I seemed to have missed a lot of things in Waterloo, I realize now that I've learned a lot just by being at home.

I was fortunate enough for my dad to drive me home this weekend. On the way back, we had an interesting conversation about evangelism. It started because I wanted to see his reaction or thoughts should I decide to go on a mission trip next summer. He gave me a wonderful idea in terms of how I can be effective should I become an optometrist.

If I was an optometrist, the types of people I meet and can be effective with are sometimes unreachable by pastors and evangelists. interesting thought...often times, when we think about the anointed ones, they are on the priests. But kings were anointed as well. In many ways, kings have more influence on those around them than priests have. God doesn't need everyone to be a priest but people to support His kingdom financially. And we need to act upon that with the faith we have, believing that what we have aren't really for us to use but for God to use. Hmm...different spin on things.

Bottom line: do everything for God. If God is the CEO and we are His managers, we need to obey and put what we have towards whatever it is He has called us to. Essentially, He is just investing in us.

If anything, I think I'm even more certain of being an optometrist. =)!
 

0 comments so far.

Something to say?