Subtle Temptations
It has just occurred to me how often I would want God to work in my life
yet
I'm waiting for it to happen and not doing anything about it
as though
I was waiting for God to just do all the work for me.
I don't know what you'd call that, but it's just laziness.
I once heard that
In today's time, Satan's temptations do not necessarily come in forms of stealing or adultery
but in complacency, laziness...subtleties.
Subtleties I find are even more dangerous than the "obvious" sins.
I was reminded of this today. It's time for me to no longer contemplate whether I should get up and meet with God or not, but to just get up. There is not even the question of "whether".
yet
I'm waiting for it to happen and not doing anything about it
as though
I was waiting for God to just do all the work for me.
I don't know what you'd call that, but it's just laziness.
I once heard that
In today's time, Satan's temptations do not necessarily come in forms of stealing or adultery
but in complacency, laziness...subtleties.
Subtleties I find are even more dangerous than the "obvious" sins.
I was reminded of this today. It's time for me to no longer contemplate whether I should get up and meet with God or not, but to just get up. There is not even the question of "whether".